Thursday, March 5, 2015

Then End is Near (The 2nd One)

My first novel. Not the first one I've written, but the first one I'm going to put out into the world. NaNoWriMo 2008 was when I wrote this. I had such a sense of relief when I reached The End. It was stressful and crazy-making. But I wouldn't have traded the experience for anything.

I found a writers group that does critiques and I joined. Then last year I got brave and handed them the first chapter. I refer that that experience as having my baby eviscerated a piece at a time.

The evisceration is almost over. I handed them the last chapter and I expect the final notes this weekend. The End again.

.That means the start of Phase 3: Editing. Taking what they have given me and cleaning it up to make it publish worthy.

I am relieved to learn over the past months that the skeleton and some of the vital organ are worth keeping. I was lucky enough to find a group honest enough to tell me when I've written something that is crap or is good.

It's been a roller coaster, but it was worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment